setting up stock non us exchange

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 16 12:25:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

"Andrew Stopp" <stopp1 at optusnet.com.au> writes:

> How do I set up a stock for non-us exchange to get pricing. I have the
> correct perl modules installed
>

> My example is BHP (BHP.AU) quoted on the ASX (Australian stock exchange)
>

> Do I select Template? Under type and what there after

NO!  You should never EVER select "template".  Indeed, the fact that
you can even *see* "template" is a bug that (still?) needs to be fixed!
If you select Template it will cause lots of issues.

The namespace is a freeform text string, but it's there solely for your
human purposes.  It means nothing to GnuCash (except the aforementioned
"template" namespace).  You can just type in ASX if you care.

The important part is the Quote Source setting and the Stock Symbol.