setting up stock non us exchange

LindenSys at aol.com LindenSys at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 13:08:47 EDT 2012

I noticed the "never EVER select "template" " below and now am worried.

During my initial setup for stocks etc. I setup one using the "template". I
 would like to get rid of it but cannot find out how that is done.
Thank you
Harry

In a message dated 3/16/2012 9:30:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  warlord@
MIT.EDU writes:

Hi,

"Andrew Stopp" <stopp1 at optusnet.com.au>  writes:

> How do I set up a stock for non-us exchange to get  pricing. I have the
> correct perl modules  installed
>

> My example is BHP (BHP.AU)  quoted on the ASX (Australian stock exchange)
>

> Do I select Template? Under type and what there  after

NO!  You should never EVER select "template".  Indeed,  the fact that
you can even *see* "template" is a bug that (still?) needs to  be fixed!
If you select Template it will cause lots of issues.

The  namespace is a freeform text string, but it's there solely for your
human  purposes.  It means nothing to GnuCash (except the  aforementioned
"template" namespace).  You can just type in ASX if you  care.

The important part is the Quote Source setting and the Stock  Symbol.

> Regards
>
> Andrew stopp

> Please  remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using  Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media  Laboratory
Member, MIT Student Information  Processing Board  (SIPB)
warlord at MIT.EDU         PGP key  available
gnucash-user  mailing  list
gnucash-user at gnucash.org