Use of cheque printing facility.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 22 11:27:58 EDT 2012

Paddy,

Paddy Walker <yarelea at paston.co.uk> writes:

> Derek,
> 	Thank you for your reply. As I understand you then. If I pay a single
> bill and fill in the amount with the cumulative for all bills owed to
> that vendor, gnucash will pay all the bills unpaid. The result will be
> the desired single line in the bank account register which can be
> highlighted to write a single cheque. Rather smarter than me !

Don't think of it as "paying an invoice", think of it as "paying the
customer".  When you pay a customer GnuCash will apply that payment to
one or more invoices.  When you happen to select an invoice (note: this
is 100% optional!) during payment processing, that invoice will be the
first in line to get the payment applied.  After that, GnuCash will
apply the payment in FIFO order to any outstanding invoices.

> 	Any ideas on the second question ref. a report to use as a remittance
> advice ?

Sorry, no, which is why I ignored it.

> 	Thanks for your trouble.
> Paddy.