nesting in the accounts list

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Mar 23 08:37:25 EDT 2012

ALERT: New user

In the `Account Name' column of gnucash 2.4.9, is it possible to nest
the existing or newly created accounts there.

Drag and drop appears to be out, but is it possible to; For example:
move the existing `Computer' sub account under the existing Expenses
account , into the existing `Education' sub account also under
Expenses?

That is, with the Expenses account opened to reveal sub accounts can I
put the existing `Books' account into the existing `Education'
account, so that it appears under `Education'.

I realize I can create my own sub accounts in that way by first
selecting the desired parent, then right click and select new
account.

Here I'm asking if the existing accounts can be moved around like
that and nested one layer deeper?

I ask because I started out creating a set of accounts and now realize
I'd sooner they were nested differently.  I'd like to have 3 major sub
accounts under `Expenses' then sets of sub accounts under each of
those.

I didn't really get it until I spent a good bit of time creating a
whole pile of accounts with there details, so want to not have to do
all that again.