accounts + sub account balances in reports

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at frii.com
Sat Mar 24 16:38:48 EDT 2012

On 03/24/2012 01:58 PM, Paula Hendricks wrote:
> i have set up nested accounts such as telecomm, which includes cell
> phone, cable, web hosting, etc. and in my accounts list all the
> sub-accounts contribute to the parent account balance, even when the
> parent account is read only. but when i generate a report, the parent
> account does not reflect all the totals of the sub accounts.
>
> is this standard? i like having the parent account include all the
> sub accounts' totals.

If you go to the report options, on the Display tab
you will see two dropdown boxes, Parent Account Totals
and Parent Account Subtotals.  By playing with these,
you can arrange for subtotals to be shown in various
ways.  This description applies to the Balance Sheet
report but I think other reports are similar.