Report Filtering

mkbr1 cabernet4 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:02:24 EDT 2012

OpenSuse 12.1 Gnucash 2.4.10

Warning Gnucash novice ahead

After creating a report (say a transaction report for last year) Gnucash
displays totals for each month. If I select one of these totals - it is
displayed as a link - Gnucash displays the transactions in its respective
account, but shows all of the transactions in the account not just those for
last year. Is this normal behavior ? My data file covers several years so
many transactions appear. Should Gnucash be filtering the link to
transactions I am wanting to view ?

If I am asking the obvious then please point me to where I can research this
matter.