Adding historical transactions

Scott D Friedemann scott at friedemann.us
Sat May 5 08:01:08 EDT 2012

I am setting up a business account in GnuCash. The business is not old
and previous transactions were for Checking, Savings, and Credit Card
were stored in a Quicken account. These have been exported in QIF format
and imported flawlessly into GnuCash. Thank you GnuCash team.

What is still missing are the Jobs and Invoices previously produced. If
I enter them and post to existing accounts the balances in these
accounts will show what amounts to double entries. Is there a way to
enter these so the history is there without altering the balances in the
accounts? I'm thinking of adding a dummy account of sorts for the past
invoices, but would like to hear if there is any best practice method
for this.