Gnucash for a small partnership scenario

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali mmasroorali at cse.buet.ac.bd
Sun May 13 10:10:59 EDT 2012

Dear All,
I have been using gnucash for maintaining accounts related to a school
account for quite sometime.

Now, I want to use it for a small partnership (large family) scenario where
the members put in their monetary contributions to a common account.
Expenses are paid out of a common account.

Incomes come in as crop sales, rents and similar items and transferred to
the common account.

With all my experiences, I am getting confused at some point. The part about
individual contributions, common expenses, income distribution to members
are the most difficult ones. I am often getting scenarios with reversed
signs (negative where it should be positive), and unbalanced funds.

Do you think you could point me to some kind of tutorial or a comprehensive
example to tackle the above mentioned scenario?

Thanks in advance.