Accounts tab balance as currency value possible for Stock accounts?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed May 16 04:10:20 EDT 2012

On Wed 16 May 12 17:19:45 prl wrote:
> In our Accounts tab, all our stocks (Assets>Shares>..., Type=Stock) show
> up as a count of shares held and the exchange code in the Balance column
> (1234 XYZ, rather than $9876.54). Since our highest price stocks have a
> share value ~35 times our lowest price stocks, and the numbers of shares
> we hold changes infrequently, I'd much prefer a display of value in
> currency terms rather than a count of shares held.
>
> I can't work out how this can be done (apart from opening each holding's
> account tab). Is it possible?
>

> Peter

Hi Peter,

You need to add a column showing "Total (currency)",  for me currency is
 (GBP),  I'm guessing from your email address that you'd want (AUD)

You can add a column to the view by clicking the downward-pointing arrow at
the top right of the account-tree tab (at least on my GC 2.4.10 - i'm sure
that earlier versions were similar)

HTH,
Maf.