No Back End found

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed May 16 05:53:14 EDT 2012

On 13-05-12 17:46, fredgmau wrote:
> My HD failed, but I was able to save all my data files,
>
> Now, on a new HD, I installed 2.4.10 with no issues.
>

> I am trying to import or open my existing/older data files from previous
> (within a year) version of Gnucash.
>

> I get the error, "no suitable back end found" when I try to open.
>
> Please help.
Without some additional details about your operating system it's hard to
tell what goes wrong exactly...

But my first guess would be that you used the sqlite backend when you first created the older data files. GnuCash depends on libdbi and its various database drivers for sqlite, mysql or postgresql access (the "backends"). When you reinstalled gnucash you may have forgotten to install the proper libdbi database drivers.

Geert