Account alphabetization lost

Elaine Breuer ERBreuer at aol.com
Wed May 16 12:17:54 EDT 2012

I began as treasurer of a charity in March of this year and started
using GnuCash 2.4.10 on Windows 7 (I prefer linux or Mac but the
charity director prefers Windows). When I generated a balance sheet
for a particular date and profit/loss statement up to that date
yesterday, I was able to do so with some fumbling, but somehow I lost
the alphabetical listing of subaccounts (e.g., our list of donors
under income now appears to be in the order in which I first added
that donor rather than alphabetical as it was before, making it much
harder to find the donor as new donations come in). Is there a way to
have GnuCash alphabetize the subaccounts again? I tried bring up an
earlier .gnucash file when I knew it showed them alphabetically, but
it was not alphabetized so the problem seems to be something I changed
in the program. I have looked through a few months of posts on the
user mailing list, but didn't see anyone else having this problem.
Thanks for any help.