Top level account without any type (or file links)

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu May 17 02:23:00 EDT 2012

> We all see things with a blinkered viewpoint and I think
> the gnucash developers are no worse in that regard than
> you or I.

Indeed, ad I hope I did not give the impression that I thought otherwise.  However, blinkers are almost inevitable, and sometimes it takes an outsider, someone *not* involved in the design process, to see the most useful ways applkications for a tool, regardless of how and with what objectives it was actually designed.

> Perhaps better because their blinkers are less
> likely due to ignorance about how to use gnucash.

Gnucash is a tool.  The mere fact that it was designed to be used in a particular way does not necessarily invalidate other ways of use.  I think you illustrate exactly my point about blinkers.

I do not intend in any of this to dis any party, developers or otherwise, merely to point out some realities.

Colin