Top level account without any type (or file links)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu May 17 08:16:03 EDT 2012

>Indeed, ad I hope I did not give the impression that I thought otherwise.  However, blinkers are almost inevitable, and sometimes it takes an outsider, someone *not* involved in the design process, to see the most useful ways applkications for a tool, regardless of how and with what objectives it was actually designed.

>Gnucash is a tool.  The mere fact that it was designed to be used in a particular way does not necessarily invalidate other ways of use.  I think you illustrate exactly my point about blinkers.
>
>I do not intend in any of this to dis any party, developers or otherwise, merely to point out some realities.

The difference between "manuals" and "user guides". The former tells you
how to use the tools and the latter what uses you might make of the tool
(or what features are for what purposes). Not the same thing at all.

Similarly these cannot by themselves eliminate the requirement for
learning accounting/double entry bookkeeping. Being well trained in the
use of a saw does not help you know where you should cut the board.

Michael