Finance::Quote IndiaMutual - source changes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 21 12:21:48 EDT 2012

On May 21, 2012, at 12:04 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:

> On 20.5.2012 21:14, Divakar Ramachandran wrote:
>> There are two changes at the AMFI<javascript:parent.test_func(0)>
>> India website<javascript:parent.test_func(1)>  which makes
>> IndiaMutual<javascript:parent.test_func(2)>.pm<javascript:parent.test_func(3)>
>> non-functional.
>>
>> 1. URL<javascript:parent.test_func(4)>  for quote source on
>> AMFI<javascript:parent.test_func(5)>  India has changed to:
>> http://www.amfiindia.com/spages/NAV0.txt
>
> Was this patch sent upstream? My colleague is now trying to collect all patches for Finance::Quote and she curses endlessly, because of many sources of patches, very uneven quality of them (to say it mildly; how many authors run COMPLETE test suite before submitting a patch?), etc.

It's apparently a CC from a patch provided against F::Q in CPAN's bug tracker. Unfortunately, it's not clear that the current F::Q maintainer is paying any attention to CPAN.

As for your colleague bitching about patch quality, get real. That's the nature of patches and why they have to be filtered by developers before being committed. If she's not willing to turn herself into an F::Q developer and carefully review, merge, and test each patch then she should confine herself to building the latest master from the Github repo.

Regards,
John Ralls