Finance::Quote IndiaMutual - source changes

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon May 21 18:55:45 EDT 2012

On 21.5.2012 18:21, John Ralls wrote:
> It's apparently a CC from a patch provided against F::Q in CPAN's
> bug tracker. Unfortunately, it's not clear that the current F::Q
> maintainer is paying any attention to CPAN.

That's unfortunately our feeling as well. Which is the reason why she
tries to collect all patches floating on the Web (and in the Linux
distros' repos).

> As for your colleague bitching about patch quality, get real. That's
> the nature of patches and why they have to be filtered by developers
> before being committed.

Oh believe me, she knows ... being one of the main Red Hat maintainers
for perl* packages she has some experience.

> If she's not willing to turn herself into an F::Q developer and
> carefully review, merge, and test each patch then she should confine
> herself to building the latest master from the Github repo.

Which was my original question ... it seemed to me that the author of
this patch suggested it to GnuCash email list, so I was checking whether
it goes somewhere upstream as well. Of course, I know about the Github
repo ... but even that seems to be not perfect (e.g., number of unpulled
pull requests).

Matěj