gnucash won't start up

Bob Plantz rgplantz at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:33:27 EDT 2012

Since Kubuntu 12.10 is not yet at alpha 1 (occurs June 7), it doesn't
surprise me that some things do not work properly. I would expect it to
perform better after the release in October 2012.

You might try (intentionally) installing the current release of Kubuntu
(12.04). I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, and gnucash 2.4.10-12 (from the
repositories). Works just fine.

--Bob