Transaction Register Problem

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue May 29 03:15:59 EDT 2012

On Mon 28 May 12 20:44:40 Les wrote:
> Hey All:
>
> I have a serious problem that I have been unable to resolve (including a
> complete uninstall/reinstall).
>
> I am on Mint Linux Debian v. 12 with Gnucash 2.4.10.
>
> While trying to expand an expense register, I have somehow fubarred my
> registers (all of them).
>
> Before, the registers had the following columns for Assets:
> Date, Num, Description, Transfer, R, Deposit, Withdrawal, Balance.
> Now: Date, Num, Description, Transfer, R, Withd. Balance.
>
> Before, for Expense accounts:
> Date, Num Description, Transfer, R, Expense, Rebate, Balance.
> Now:  Date, Num, Description, Tranfer, R, Rebat, Balance.
>
> I have Mac with Gnucash v 2.4.10 installed and it is ok.  I have copied
> the files from it to the Linux machine but no effect.
>
> I then did a complete uninstall of Gnucash using Apt.  I then
> reinstalled Guncash, used the gnucash files from the Mac and still no
> effect.
>
> There must be some way to resolve this problem.  Any help, greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

Hi Les,

Not exactly clear on what problem you are seeing  - you've given "before"
conditions above, but not a "current" condition.

I'm going to have a guess, though.  Have you looked at this?
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_resize_my_register_columns.3F_Why_can_I_not_shrink_the_description_column.3F

Any use?

HTH,
Maf.