gnucash won't start up (Solved for 12.04)

Roger aretae at magma.ca
Tue May 29 10:20:42 EDT 2012

For Kubuntu 12.04 the following dependencies (contrary to what I
understood) must be met:

guile-1.6
guile-1.6-slib

must be installed even if later versions are present.  I thought the
dependency is supposed to be >= guile-1.6 rather than = guile-1.6.

With respect to 12.10, I am not sure but I think the problem may be with
the OS as it may be looking for the libraries in /usr/lib and can't find
them in /usr/lib/gnucash.

Roger