Gnucash/Scheme How-To for reports?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 21:49:36 EDT 2012

After a recent thread, I got to thinking about reports in Gnucash (again!). It occurred to me that, while the mechanics of Scheme were rather opaque to my feeble mind, the problem was complicated by several orders of magnitude by the Gnucash API. The combination locked me out of even considering making scheme-based reports, or alter existing reports with confidence.

It occurred to me that it might be easier for me to consider working on reports if there were a simple cheat sheet of Gnucash commands that a report writer might need to make up reports. What I am imagining is basic: "to get the account name, use the xxx command, which is located in yyy file and has zzz command structure." And so on.

I wonder whether anyone has put such a document together, or whether such a document would in fact help me or others create or modify Gnucash reports.

Thanks,
David