Environmental file issue

rclar rclar.in.dc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 11:34:37 EST 2012

I'm having a bit of a problem with gnucash, and I think I have tracked down
enough that I generally appreciate what is going on, but not enough to fix
it. It would appear that when I invoke gnucash on my linux machine, it
sometimes (most of the time) is operating against a different gnucash file
than when I ssh into the same machine from a different workstation. I have
a habit of naming my gnucash file (YYYY.mm), and at the beginning of each
month I do a save as to the new file name. In order to track down this
problem I have started keeping weekly files (+%U).

Is there an easy or straightforward command line gconf call that I can use
to verify what file gnucash will be operating against, before I actually
start gnucash?

Thanks