Connecting GNUCash to a Remote Postgres Database under Windows 7

David Vitali vitalida at msn.com
Mon Nov 12 22:11:08 EST 2012

Good day,

I've searched the online documentation for an answer to this question, but
couldn't find suitable help. If you could please assist it would be most
appreciated. The problem is fairly urgent as our accounting system has been
down ever since I migrated the postGres server and GNUCash database from one
of the workstations to the main server.

Here are the details:

Configuration:

Server:

1. General:

(i) Windows name: DAVID-PC-PHEN2

(ii) O/S: Windows 7 64-bit

2. postGres:

(i) Server version: 9.2

(ii) Host: localhost

(iii) Port: 5432

3. GNUCash Installation on DAVID-PC-PHEN2:

(i) Version: 2.4.11 svn

(ii) Status: able to connect to local database 'gnucash'

4. GNUCash Database (created by local version of GNUCash on DAVID-PC-PHEN2):

(i) Name: gnucash

(ii) Owner: postgres

Remote:

5. Remote machine:

(i) Windows name: DAVID-LT-i7

(ii) O/S: Windows 7 64-bit

6. GNUCash Installation on DAVID-LT-i7:

(i) Version: 2.4.11 svn

(ii) Status: unable to connect to remote database 'gnucash' on
DAVID-PC-PHEN2

The problem is highlighted above in bold.

If you require any further details please let me know, and thank you very
much for your time and assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you,

David A. Vitali. 13th November 2012.