Finance Quote Install difficulties

Gill Nash gknash at worksmail.net
Mon Nov 12 23:15:28 EST 2012

I am trying to get Finance Quote installed on OSX 10.7.4. Gnucash says, "Warning Finance::Quote not installed properly" on the Security Editor. I have installed XCode and downloaded the Command Line Tools and then ran Finance Quote (not from the DMG but from my applications folder) which was unsuccessful. I tried to read some things in forums of similar problems and tried a few of them, but still no success.  Anyhow, here's what came up on my last run of Finance Quote.  I'm not very Linux savvy or Terminal savvy for that matter. Any help?

Going to read '/Users/Gill/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:14:48 GMT
LWP is up to date (6.04).
Running install for module 'Date::Manip'
Running make for S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.36.tar.gz
Checksum for /Users/Gill/.cpan/sources/authors/id/S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.36.tar.gz ok
Package seems to come without Makefile.PL.
  (The test -f "/Users/Gill/.cpan/build/SBECK-JeCMtq/Makefile.PL" returned false.)
  Writing one on our own (setting NAME to DateManip)

  CPAN.pm: Going to build S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.36.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite Test::Inter 0 not found.
Bareword found where operator expected at ./Makefile.PL line 1, near "30 mtime"
        (Missing operator before mtime?)
Number found where operator expected at ./Makefile.PL line 2, near "30"
        (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Bareword found where operator expected at ./Makefile.PL line 2, near "30 atime"
        (Missing operator before atime?)
Number found where operator expected at ./Makefile.PL line 3, near "30"
        (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Bareword found where operator expected at ./Makefile.PL line 3, near "30 ctime"
        (Missing operator before ctime?)
ERROR from evaluation of /Users/Gill/.cpan/build/SBECK-JeCMtq/Date-Manip-6.36/Makefile.PL: ERROR from evaluation of /Users/Gill/.cpan/build/SBECK-JeCMtq/Date-Manip-6.36/PaxHeaders.11917/Makefile.PL: syntax error at ./Makefile.PL line 1, near "30 mtime"
Warning: No success on command[/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL]
'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
  SBECK/Date-Manip-6.36.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install
HTML::Parser is up to date (3.69).
HTML::TableExtract is up to date (2.11).
Crypt::SSLeay is up to date (0.64).
Finance::Quote is up to date (1.18).