Finance Quote Install difficulties

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Wed Nov 14 02:00:35 EST 2012

Gill <gill at madyak.net> writes:

> I am trying to get Finance Quote installed on OSX 10.7.4. Gnucash says,
> "Warning Finance::Quote not installed properly" on the Security Editor. I
> have installed XCode and downloaded the Command Line Tools and then ran
> Finance Quote (not from the DMG but from my applications folder) which was
> unsuccessful. I tried to read some things in forums of similar problems and
> tried a few of them, but still no success.  Anyhow, here's what came up on
> my last run of Finance Quote.  I'm not very Linux savvy or Terminal savvy
> for that matter. Any help?
>
> Going to read '/Users/Gill/.cpan/Metadata'
>   Database was generated on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:14:48 GMT
> LWP is up to date (6.04).
> Running install for module 'Date::Manip'
> Running make for S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.36.tar.gz
> Checksum for
> /Users/Gill/.cpan/sources/authors/id/S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.36.tar.gz ok
> Package seems to come without Makefile.PL.
>   (The test -f "/Users/Gill/.cpan/build/SBECK-JeCMtq/Makefile.PL" returned
> false.)
>   Writing one on our own (setting NAME to DateManip)

Hi!

The Date::Manip module has been updated on 31 Oct 2012. It added a new
dependency Test::Inter. And I'd say you should install YAML also

>From Terminal try these:

  $> sudo cpan   ### ENTER YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD WHEN ASKED
  cpan> clean Date::Manip   ### this cleans up the mess in Date::Manip
  cpan> install YAML
  cpan> install Test::Inter
  cpan> install Date::Manip

If at any stage you get error messages: Don't continue the other steps,
but post the log here.

best
--
erik