Multiple currencies causing account totalling problems

GCMAB nvgybsj8h7 at snkmail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:40:27 EST 2012

I had already checked the value in Price Editor, or at least many of the
values at random. After I started typing this reply I thought I better go
through every single entry to be 100% sure before dismissing this as 'done'
(now wouldn't it be nice if you could resize the Price Editor dialog so you
can see all the columns and have the columns wide enough to see the full
content).

I've never entered anything directly here, all the exchange rates are the
result of individual transactions and the rate I put in the Price Editor pop
up at the time of entry. All the individual transactions are correct and yet
... there was one incorrect entry. It happened to be the last entry so I
imagine it could have been used for the totals.

What I don't understand is that whilst the entry was wrong, the transaction
(and there was only one on that date) was correct. GBP 5000 equating to GBP
38. I used the jump facility to be 100% sure sure I was looking at the right
transaction.

Correcting it did not change the transaction but it did fix the problem.

Thank you Ian for prompting me to do what I should have done more thoroughly
in the first place.

Now if there are any developers reading this thread, as I mentioned above,
it would be great if the Price Editor dialog were made resizable to avoid
having to fiddle the horizontal scroll bar and having to compromise on
column widths. Since most values seem to be stored as fractions with integer
numerators and denominators some of them can be quite long.