access usb drive under gnucash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Nov 21 03:32:37 EST 2012

On 20-11-12 00:14, Ben Ba wrote:
> Hi,
> Gnucash installation on my laptop (windows) does not see a removable drive.
> Windows file manager hasno probelm with the drive.It is actually a
> smartphone with an external sd disk.
>  From within gnucash it is not possible to import a QIF file directly from
> the sd disk.
> Is this a feature?
>
> thank you.

Hi Ben,

No, this is not a feature in the sense that it would have been
explicitly programmed that way.

Unfortunately I don't have the proper equipment to test it out myself. I
don't have a physical computer running Windows. On my virtual machine, I
can see that the qif import dialog shows my all local hard drives and
all network attached shares, but I can't connect a usb stick to see what
happens. What version of Windows are you running ? And is this only with
your smart phone, or with any usb device you connect to your laptop ?
Does it work for example with an ordinary USB stick ?

Geert