Investment documentation suggestions

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Thu Nov 22 16:36:03 EST 2012

Il 22/11/2012 08:59, Chris Good ha scritto:
> Hi all!
>
> First of all, I'd like to thank all the developers for this wonderful product.
> I'm very impressed with the functionality and stability.
Thanks! positive feedback is always appreciated

> Anyway, the reason, I'm putting finger to touchscreen, is that I've found a couple of places where the documentation could easily be improved which would have saved me much time, and I want to know if I should raise this as a bug?
>
> 1) In the gnucash-guide PDF (2.4 released yesterday + previous version),
> the table examples of transactions for Sale of stock with profit and Sale of stock with loss are corrupted when the PDF is downloaded and viewed on both iPad and windows. Thankfully, I found they are OK when the html version is viewed on the web.
Problem fixed in unstable version of documentation. Thanks for noticing
this.

> 2) In the example screen dumps for above, the account names are too long and you cannot see the RHS of them, so you cannot tell which account is which.
>
> 3) the example of Sale of stock with loss, uses the case where the sell price ($50) is exactly half the buy price ($100) which means there are several transactions for $5000. It would be much easier to understand if the sell price was not exactly half.
Please open a bug report for documentation for points 2) and 3). Even
better would be if you can capture a better screenshot, write a good
example and attach both to bug report!

Regards
Cristian