Easiest way to keep track of transfer between accounts

GCMAB nvgybsj8h7 at snkmail.com
Sun Nov 25 04:55:09 EST 2012

Chris Henderson-2 wrote
> Do I need to keep track of these? What's the easiest way?

If you don't track the transfers you won't be able to reconcile the accounts
or at least you would have to enter all the details at the point you
reconcile which I'm sure would not be the easiest way.

Personally I have used descriptions for the transfers which let me use the
autocomplete feature to quickly add a new transfer the same way as any other
transaction but with a minimum amount of typing and then just to adjust the
amount in the "spend" or "receive" column. As long as your description
includes something which identifies which account your transfer is to and/or
from the transfer field will also autocomplete correctly.