Easiest way to keep track of transfer between accounts

Kash kash at warmplanetbikes.com
Sun Nov 25 12:05:38 EST 2012

If what the poster means is "how do I look at only the transfers between
my bank accounts?" I've found the transaction report to be useful. Use
Reports > transaction report.

This report can filter transactions from one or more accounts by, one or
more of the other accounts involved in the transaction.

If, for instance, to see all payments to one or more credit cards from
one or more bank accounts:
reports > transaction report.
click Options > accounts
choose the bank accounts in the accounts box (note: hold down ctrl to
choose multiple accounts)
choose the credit card accounts in the filter by box.
click apply.

note: If the statement "every transaction involves at least two
accounts" does not make sense, go to accountingcoach.com and read the
section "accounting basics" and the section "the accounting equation"
for a very basic understanding of how double entry accounting works. It
will take less than an hour and save months of confusion.