missing custom report

Carpetnailz carpetnailz at researchintegration.org
Tue Oct 2 10:21:34 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 09:24 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Carpetnailz <carpetnailz at researchintegration.org> writes:
>
> > Found it on my backup. I re-installed gnucash after copying everything
> > to my home directory (no gnucash by default in Fedora 17). So gnucash
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "no gnucash by default in F17".  It's most
> definitely in the main repository and can be installed by "yum install
> gnucash".

Just that I had to install it separately rather than its being one of
the apps that Fedora installed. I was just trying to say that I had
restored my home directory--including all the hidden files--before I
installed gnucash.

> > must have overwritten that file when it installed. I keep my actual
> > records in a different directory, so they didn't get overwritten by the
> > gnucash installation.
>
> No, GnuCash will not overwrite anything in your homedir at
> installation.  Did you reinstall your machine?  Maybe you did not
> properly backup/restore your homedir?

All I know is that saved-reports-2.4 was in the .gnucash directory on
the rdiff-backup, which I had restored along with everything else in my
home directory, but it wasn't there after I installed gnucash. Unless
maybe 'cp -ar * /home/me' doesn't restore hidden files? In which case
gnucash just created the .gnucash directory without overwriting
anything.  Whatever.