Posting invoices and bills

denisbkk denis at dcore.asia
Tue Oct 2 10:29:11 EDT 2012

Yes sure. Let me explain better. By the way, this case is for a Thai company.
So this case concerns Thai tax law:

1. I hire a contractor to do work for us.
2. Contractor (vendor) invoices my company for 1070 Baht (1000 Baht cost +
7% VAT tax).
3. When I pay the invoice, in Thailand I need to withhold 3% tax from the
payment to the contractor (for services like "hire of work" you are required
to withhold 3% here). The withholding tax is calculated on the invoice
amount without VAT (1000 baht), so the withholding tax is 30 Baht.
4. So first I issue a 30 Baht withholding tax note to the contractor (which
contractor at end of month hands to the tax authorities).
5. Second, I pay the contractor the remainder (1070 Baht - 30 baht = 1040
Baht).

That concludes the transaction. I hope this is more clear now.

Also, I have tried a couple things and found a way that I can work with:
When I said that/ "On the pay invoice screen, on the right side tree
accounts view, all Account payable accounts are removed and cannot be
picked.:" /

I now classified the withholding tax payable account as a liability instead
of accounts payable and can now choose this account from the process payment
account. As far as I can see, this solved my problem. Hope Im not soing
anything wrong here but I think everything is posted correctly now.