finance quote install

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 9 21:21:03 EDT 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 3:54 PM, annapolishome <nshust1 at reagan.com> wrote:

> john
>
> thanks for your quick response.  it seems like i have more of a problem than just what i sent.  when i followed your instructions here is what i got:
>
> Your configuration suggests that CPAN.pm should use a working
> directory of
>    /Users/nicholasshust/.cpan
> Unfortunately we could not create the lock file
>    /Users/nicholasshust/.cpan/.lock
> due to permission problems.
>
> Please make sure that the configuration variable
>    $CPAN::Config->{cpan_home}
> points to a directory where you can write a .lock file. You can set
> this variable in either a CPAN/MyConfig.pm or a CPAN/Config.pm in your
> @INC path;
> You don't seem to have a user configuration (MyConfig.pm) yet.
> Do you want to create a user configuration now? (Y/n) [yes]
> mkdir /Users/nicholasshust/.cpan/CPAN: Permission denied at /System/Library/Perl/5.12/CPAN/Shell.pm line 663
>
> got any more suggestions on what my problem is and how to fix it.  appreciate the help.

Heh. You didn't say you were on a mac.

Try doing it again with sudo. You'll have to be logged in to an admin account (Allow user to administer this computer is checked in System Preferences).

So instead of $ > cpan, you'll say $ > sudo cpan
You'll get prompted for your password. Once you've started cpan you'll use the same command as before.

Regards,
John Ralls