Scheduling a transaction for a rough estimate of payroll?

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Sun Oct 14 20:50:14 EDT 2012

Is it possible to schedule a future transaction for a rough estimate of
payroll and still have it match the real transaction when I import from
the bank (via .qfx)?

I'm paid on commission, and the payroll date is pretty vague as well,
because the boss figures the cheques by hand and sometimes runs late. So
my payroll cheques can vary by as much as +/-$2000, and they arrive
anywhere from the 1st of the month to as late as the 15th.

I'd like to be able to schedule future transactions with a rough
estimate of my paycheque for budgeting purposes, and then reconcile
those with the real payroll transaction when it comes in to my bank
account. But I'm finding that unless I get the estimated date within a
day of the real transaction, and the amount withing about $500, the
matcher doesn't see the estimated transaction.

Is there any way to improve this or hint the matcher to use (or offer
for manual selection) a transaction that's a poor match?

Thanks,
- Marc