Re: Help with GnuCash! Why is there a “Rebate” column in the Expense account on GnuCash?

Richard Bishopp rbishopp44 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:32:39 EDT 2012

My credit card account says payment and charge.  Simple enough. My checking
account says Increase and Decrease.  Obviously both have a column that says
balance.  Look in Edit>Preferences. In the accounts tab (buttons on the
left) see what you have a change them around.  I have basic accounts and
credit accounts selected.  Check the other tabs.  Play around.  I'm sure it
will depend on what version of Gnucash  you have installed.
I am not an accountant or a computer whiz.  I'm a firefighter with
determination to make stuff work. So you have reached the limit of my
expertise.

Good Luck.

Rich...