deleting files

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 21:37:35 EDT 2012

Wil--

There is nothing to worry about with this. When you delete a file on your Mac, it will still appear in Application menus. This is true with every application--try it with a word processing file, if you like. [There is a way to remove history entries like this, but it's rather technical.]

There are many ways to move your Gnucash file.

Method #1: Dragging your file in Finder is one way.

With Gnucash, you might consider Method #2: using File-> Save As to save your file to its new location. While this will create a duplicate copy of your file in the new location (not necessarily a terrible thing), it will also prevent Gnucash from barking at you when it tries to open the file if you had used method #1, or double-clicked on the Gnucash application icon.

HTH,
David