Opening a lot?

ArtBra New Haven artbra at hyre.net
Tue Oct 23 08:29:10 EDT 2012

   Dear GNUCash:

   I'm keeping the books for a small charity, and this year we've
started selling T-shirts.  I want to use lots (I think) to keep track of
what we've sold, by size.  I've read pretty much everything I can about
lots (bugs, e-mail archives, wiki, but not the code---I glanced at it,
but I'm hoping I don't have to dig in) and I understand the beta
(alpha?) status of the function.  I want to try anyway.

   However, I can't populate a lot.  I try Actions > View Lots, and get
a window in which I can push a button ``New Lot'', and get one listed
with default information, but there seems to be no way to edit it.

   I've read that only stock accounts can have lots, so I've created a
Small Embroidered T-shirts account, of type FUND, traded in units, and I
can enter a transaction to buy shirts, but when it comes to creating a
lot out of them, or creating a lot and filling it with a purchase, I'm
stymied.

   What am I missing?

--
	Best wishes,