Transaction Reconciliation

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Thu Oct 25 14:31:16 EDT 2012

On 25 October 2012 at 16:56, Colin Law said:

> On 25 October 2012 16:28, C. Andrews Lavarre <alavarre at gmail.com> wrote: >
> I've googled and read 5.8 of the documentation as well as > > *
> **http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Keyboard_Shortcuts ** > * > and examined >
> * > **    ~/.gnucash/accelerator-map* > > but have not found: > > *How to
> change a transaction reconciliation status from n to c with key >
> combination without mouse*. > > When you tab through a transaction the
> cursor skips the Reconciliation > column.* > > *So how can this be done? >
> > I do asmuch I can with keyboard, especially when reconciling statements.
> > It would be very useful to either have a hotkey to change a transaction
> > reconciliation from *n* to *c*  or else be able to tab to the column and
> > press space or something to change it.
>
> Just in case you are not aware of it the normal method of
> reconciliation is via Actions > Reconcile.  I don't think I have ever
> changed that field manually.  Or is there a use case that I am not aware
> of?

The OP is referring to the "c"/"Cleared" value, not the "y"/"Reconciled"
value. One can toggle "n"<->"c" by a mouse click.

To change it without using the mouse:
With the relevant account tab current,
* Actions->Reconcile
* OK
tab / up/down-arrow to locate relevant txn
spacebar (to toggle the flag)
* Reconcile->Postpone (or Ctrl-P)
* Yes
Multiple txns can of course be done in one pass.

My own use-case for the "Cleared" value: I check my bank and some
credit-card transactions every couple of days, and mark txns "cleared" as
they show up. I then "reconcile" once the statements arrive. However, I
use the mouse.