Best practice for uncashed cheques?

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 27 11:54:48 EDT 2012

I leave uncashed cheques where they are (and when they were written).

Why does your balance not match?  Cheques should remain with status 'n' until they are cleared through your bank.  Then, change them to 'c' (or 'y' if reconciling).  My balance always matches, even if I have uncashed cheques.

Phil