Excess payment received - to adjust against next invoice

Vikas Damodar Garud vikas at techqual.com
Sun Sep 2 01:07:44 EDT 2012

On Saturday 01 Sep 2012 11:35:58 PM Derek Atkins wrote:
[SNIP]

> It might be better to just delete the Payment transactions and re-enter
> them, too.  Adjusting Process Payment transactions can cause trouble,
> especially if you change items in the A/R account.

Took me couple of iterations to get it right.  Deleted both the payments.
Edited the second invoice.  Processed payment for what client actually
paid/credited (tax).  Everything nicely balances out.

> You might also find some auto-balance transactions in A/R, and you might
> need to delete those, too.

No auto balance transaction, no receivable ageing after couple of iterations.

Thanks again,
Vikas Garud