Tax Invoice - AU

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Sep 10 18:33:56 EDT 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:10:13 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Liz <edodd at billiau.net> writes:
>
> > I made a new GUID, and placed it in my report, but now I get a blank
> > report.
> > Of course, once the new GUID is in the report, if you generate
> > another GUID it isn't the same as the first/.
>
> I don't understand, what are you doing here, and why would you
> generate more GUIDs?  When you *write* the report you need to create
> a report GUID, once.  That's it.
Experimentation. Perhaps the code to identify the report ran uuidgen.

> If you're getting a GUID error that means that when you created the
> initial report you didn't do that.  But once you do it you should
> never have to do it again, unless you do another copy-and-paste.
>
> If you're getting a blank report that means there's a bug in your
> report.  Either that or you created a SAVED report using the old GUID.
This I don't understand, it was working fine on last install of 2.4.10
I did a new install on a new hard drive. I copied over the previously
working invoice, changed the GUID to one of its own (I had stolen one
from Tax Invoice) and put the report name in business-reports.scm
I was disappointed after that, because I had no working invoice and had
to export a long series of invoices to html and edit the html on each
one, which really ranks as a time waster.