reports - asset summary

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Wed Sep 12 21:05:44 EDT 2012

I would like an asset summary report which only shows the totals, not
the details.

Example, the account tree looks like this:
Assets
   Investments
        401k
             funda
             fundb
        Roth
             funda
             fundb

I would like somthing similar to this:
   Investments
        total 401k  $xxx
        total Roth $xxx

The balance sheet report will show something like this:

   Investments
        401k   $xxx
             funda  $xxx
             fundb  $xxx
        total 401k  $xxx
        Roth   $xxx
             funda  $xxx
             fundb  $xxx
        total Roth $xxx

The Account Summary get closer and if all of my accounts were the same
depth I think it would work by setting the level of subaccount and the
depth limit behavior, but since they aren't all the same depth (some 2
some 3), that doesn't quite get it.

Some of the selections seem a bit ambiguous to me, ('Parent acct
subttls', 'parent accnt balances'), but I think I've tried everything.
Unselecting the child accounts just meant they don't get included in the
totals.

I may be overlooking some very simple solution, but I've searched and
can not figure it out.
Thanks