What is the "Generic Import Transaction Matcher" showing?

Richard Thomas richdthomas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:34:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have been importing OFX files into GNUcash for a number of weeks now and
I'd really like to understand what is being shown in the "Generic Import
Transaction Matcher" in more detail.

The reason is that sometimes the wrong transaction gets reconcilled and it
takes me ages to find which one was done by mistake and unravel the account
to put it straight.

I notice that there are two colums with the same information in them,
"Description" and "Memo"

I hoped that the information shown in one column originated from the OFX
file and the information shown in the other column originated from the
transaction in GNUCash that it intends to corrolate with.

If someone knows for certain that the "Description" and "Memo" are about,
please could you let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Richard.