Tr : Backing up prob

AlainCageda alaincageda at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 16 06:32:31 EDT 2012

Hi!

The hereunder msg was rejected as spam.

I'm trying again.

Regards.
Alain

----- Mail transféré -----
>De : AlainCageda <alaincageda at yahoo.fr>
>À : "gnucash-user at gnucash.org" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
>Envoyé le : Dimanche 16 septembre 2012 12h05
>Objet : Backing up prob
>

>Hi!
>

>I have a
couple or questions regarding backing up:

>1. In "Users
> My name" where *.gnucash files are stored, I never find
such a file dated of my latest modification (neither the Windows mention "modified on" or in the name of the *.gnucash file which seems to remain the same for ages even though I work on Gnucash most everyday). For instance, these past days I was working with a file
marked "Modified 08/26" and it worked. It was actually the
latest version, including entries made everyday from 08/26 thru
today.
>I'm
surprised the latest version is not in a file marked "modified
09/15".

>2. Intending to back
up my work, I copy, repeat copy not cut, the latest   .*gnucash
   and    *.log files   to    "My
documents"   , so that when I backup   My documents to
an external HD, Gnucash gets backed up in the process.
>But after I've
done this, when I try to open Gnucash, I get a msg that the file
*.gnucash" (re: the one that was used last time) cannot be
found.
>In previous
instances it worked if I reopened the file I had backed up in My
documents. But this time the proper file can't be found anywhere.
When I reopen the latest modified file (08/26), I'm stuck with a
version actually dating from back then.

>Any help
very much appreciated.
>Thanks a lot