Tr : Backing up prob

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Sep 16 08:05:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sun, September 16, 2012 6:32 am, AlainCageda wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The hereunder msg was rejected as spam.
>
> I'm trying again.
>
> Regards.
> Alain

Are you using XML or SQL storage?  If you're using SQL then you wont
generate backup files, although the "modified time" should change every
time you use GnuCash.  Perhaps you accidentally loaded a different file or
saved it into a different directory?

>>2. Intending to back
> up my work, I copy, repeat copy not cut, the latest   .*gnucash
>    and    *.log files   to    "My
> documents"   , so that when I backup   My documents to
> an external HD, Gnucash gets backed up in the process.
>>But after I've
> done this, when I try to open Gnucash, I get a msg that the file
> *.gnucash" (re: the one that was used last time) cannot be
> found.
>>In previous
> instances it worked if I reopened the file I had backed up in My
> documents. But this time the proper file can't be found anywhere.
> When I reopen the latest modified file (08/26), I'm stuck with a
> version actually dating from back then.

If this is the case then you are removing the file instead of copying it.
Or somehow the file is being deleted.  unfortunately I cannot say how you
might be doing that.

It sounds like you did a File -> Save As (or a File -> Open) to a file in
a different location than you thought.

>>Any help
> very much appreciated.
>>Thanks a lot
> in advance.
>>Alain

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745