want to print quick invoice to run a small clothing shop. Is it possible?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Sep 16 16:29:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sun, September 16, 2012 3:37 pm, uzumaki wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I know that GNU cash is not a POS & I don't want to
> get same functionality from this. Actually I have gone through the help
> manual, all the procedures is there. But I need the minimum possible way
> print a sales invoice in GNU cash. Your "cash sale" simulation idea is
> good,
> I think. But could you please tell me the shortest possible steps for
> printing a sales invoice. That'll be very helpful for me.

Shortest possible step:

Business -> Customer -> New Invoice
[Select Customer]
"Cash"
[Search]
<Click on Bash customer, already created>
[OK]  (I think -- it might be a different button to select the customer)
[OK]
<Click in Description>
"Your Description Here"
<Tab> ...
<Choose your Income Account, e.g. Income:Sales>
<Enter your qty and price, and a tax table if necessary>
Repeat until all entries are input
[Post]
<Select your A/R account>
[OK]
[Print] (to create the Invoice Report)
[Print] (to print the Invoice Report)

> Thanks again. Waiting for your reply.

But if this is a Cash Sale, then you'll also immediately want to Process
Payment to Assets:Cash.  It's a lot of work for a cash sale.  You're much
better off using something else to generate your invoices.  The point of
GnuCash invoices is when you actually have receivables.  It's not meant
for a Point of Sale system.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745