-.gnucash files

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Mon Sep 17 14:43:36 EDT 2012

Il 17/09/2012 18:40, David Carlson ha scritto:
> On 9/17/2012 8:25 AM, AlainCageda wrote:
>> Derek
>>
>> There was a lot of confusion in my mind between main files and autobackups. It's a lot clearer now. Thank you for your help.
>>
>> Alain
>>

> I believe that Alain is probably one of several thousand new users that
> have been caught in this trap caused by the way backups are managed in
> GnuCash.  I believe that it is about time that someone updates the
> documentation in a very concise description, possibly based on the wiki
> entry
http://code.gnucash.org/docs/guide/basics-backup1.html

What this section of the GnuCash guide is missing in order to understand
how GnuCash manage backups?

> At one point I volunteered to help with improving the manuals but I was put off by the complexity (to a non-program developer) of the editing process and lack of assistance from those who might have been able to help me.
>
> If there were a clear path for language majors to make an impact without learning how to use programs more complicated than Word or Open Office, I might try again.
>
> David C

Just write the text you want to add in the body of the email (simpler
than Word or OpenOffice!) and send it to the GnuCash devel list): I will
be more than happy to add it to GnuCash documentation!

If you want to go deeper on the editing of documentation first read the
wiki [1] and ask specific question if something is unclear.

Regards
Cristian

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions