Finance Quote TIAA/CREF module broken again

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Sep 20 23:45:00 EDT 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 7:53 AM, davelist at mac.com wrote:

> Thanks to Carl for working on this, but it still doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> I copied the file to /Library/Perl/5.12/Finance/Quote on my Mac.
>
> I also tried removing all the extra (looks like man page) text from the bottom of the file, but that didn't help. Is it working now for you?
>
> I still get the message that it was unable to retrieve quotes for TIAA-CREF (other quotes do work).
>
> Any other suggestions? It was working until TIAA-CREF made the changes a few weeks ago.

Was there already a copy of Tiaacref.pm in that location which you replaced with the new one?  Are there any other copies of that file elsewhere on your system?  I suspect you have several copies and you replaced the wrong one.  If you enter the command

   perl -e 'print join "\n", @INC'

in a Terminal window (it looks like you're running MacOSX) what do you get?  The new version of Tiaacref.pm should go in one of the directories listed and should replace a file by the same name.

             Mike