Finance Quote TIAA/CREF module broken again

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Sat Sep 22 18:40:56 EDT 2012

On Sep 22, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Carl LaCombe <calcisme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, this is Carl LaCombe. This example leads to an error in the quote for
> GnuCash purposes because the code used was "crefBOND" and not "CREFbond".
> The codes are case-sensitive. With the correct code, the Tiaacref.pm is
> working on my system.
>
> The original issue may well not be related to Tiaacref.pm at all, but
> instead to tiaa-cref.org. I had similar issues with getting quotes last
> night. When I went to the website, there were some really flaky things
> happening. Those seem to have been mostly resolved, though the quote for
> CREFstok is one day behind. Quotes on GnuCash seem to be working correctly
> on my installation.
>
> I hope that helps. Try the correct code and see if your installation works.
>
> Carl

It doesn't seem to matter on my system (both fail):

$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump tiaacref crefBOND
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: crefBOND (deduced)   <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump tiaacref CREFbond
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: CREFbond (deduced)   <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

Dave