Report for shared expenses

Ruud Bijnen r.bijnen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 03:56:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've been using GnuCash for our personal accounting some time now for
and it gives us some insights into our income and expenses.
I would like to take the reporting to the next level tough, and I'm
pretty sure that this is all possible with GnuCash, but I'm not sure
if this is achievable with the build-in reporting tools, or if I
should write my own.

Right now me and my girlfriend both pay for shared stuff (groceries,
utilities bill, etc) from our personal accounts. Although a shared
banking account would probably be the best solution, I would like to
know who spent how much on what of the shared expenses accounts.
Ideally the report would show per period (monthly, or adjustable like
the build-in reports) the amounts each of us has contributed to the
shared expenses.

Is this possible with the build-in reports, and if so, how can I set this up?

Here is a simplified represetitation of the accounts tree:

Assets
        [Me]
        [Girlfriend]
        [Shared]