interest- income, or expense?

Anna's unattended mail anna.morris-1okt59qe at cool.fr.nf
Sun Sep 23 04:58:10 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-20, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eventually you should have 2:
> Expense:Interests for loans you use,
> Income:Capital Gains:Interests for loans you gave.

Presumably this is because the interest earned is taxable, while the
interest paid is not necessarily deductible.  I actually have a
few kinds of interest:

1) interest derived from a savings account

2) interest paid on a home loan (deductible in one tax regime, but not
   the other)

3) interest paid on non-home loans (possibly deductible in one tax
   regime, but not the other)

4) "interest" charged by the government for paying a tax withholding
   late

I suppose this means I need 8 interest accounts (4 times the number of
currencies)?