My comparison between GNUcash and Skrooge (if anyone is interested)

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 07:32:21 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Dustin Henning <The00Dustin at gmx.net> wrote:
> I didn't watch the video (because I'm more of a reading person), but I'm not
> sure your pronunciation of GnuCash is wrong.  The reason I say this is I saw
> the post that said something to the effect of "most people I know pronounce
> it gu-noo", but I believe it is called GnuCash because it is based on the
> Gnu public license, which I believe comes from the Gnu operating system
> whose mascot is an animal called a gnu (see gnu.org).  That gnu is
> pronounced new, not gu-new, and therefore, if you pronounced it new-cash, I
> believe you were right (and sometimes, most people are wrong, see history).

GNU, as in gnu.org pronounces the G.

Yes, the mascot is a gnu (pronounced like "noo" or "nu", but that's
part of the pun, I suppose.  The name "GNU" is a recursive acronym
meaning "GNU's Not Unix".

Listen to Richard Stallman (the guy that created it):
http://www.gnu.org/pronunciation/pronunciation.html

--
Eric Ladner